A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, May 19, 2005

The electron is not as simple as it looks.

In an attempt to keep my blog totally anonymous I decided to use famous people name’s instead of the real names of my friends and family. I was having a really hard time choosing an actor for one of my friends, let’s just call him Richard Gere, and so I asked him, “If you were to pick an actor that is most like you, who would you pick?” The response was wild and totally not how I pictured him, which of course got me thinking do all the people in my life see themselves differently than I do. So I sent off an email to all the people I am likely to write about in this blog asking them “If you were to pick an actress that is most like you, who would you pick?” I will post the responses as they come in but let me start with who I think they are first and few reasons why.

My new friend out here in the big, bad city, I think she is a Courtney Cox. She is funny smart and cute, just the kind of woman you would want to have as a friend.

Her response to the question: 
 
Susan Sarandon...especially in Thelma and Louise.
She smart, intelligent, takes no bull, big knockers...I love her.

Now Susan Sarandon she is not, she is much younger and better looking and still available, and I don’t see her hooking up with a younger man.

My sister, her personality is Brittany Murphy or Courtney Love. In fact, now that I think about it she looks like Brittany Murphy too, but to be fair my sister is more attractive than Brittany Murphy.

Her response to the question:

You want me to think? That's not very nice of you.

See I think I got it right with my sister.

My other girlfriend is Ellen DeGeneres, and not because she is gay either. It is because she has really bad (but very endearing) taste in shoes, and she loves to dance, but she is not an expressive dancer.

Her response to the question:

Ellen DeGeneres...no just kiddin', Holly Hunter, Juliette Binoche (I wish)

She is right I definitely see her as a Holly Hunter.

My very best girl friend from “back home”, I call her Marge Simpson. Many of you might not think this is a very flattering description, but she is a lot like Marge. The negative similarity between them is the hair, they both have very dated, very big and unchanging hairstyles. The positive similarity is the both put their families’ needs before their needs, and they are both largely unappreciated by their families, and of course they are both very naïve even after multiple children and many years spent on the planet.

Her response to the question:

Angelina Jolie

and

Angelina Jolie

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home