A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Football

Tonight is my first football game and I am super excited! I have been to three practices and I have only been injured at two of them. This looks promising.

Tuesday’s night practice I was learning the defensive plays. I had a terrible argument with my boss that day and I am seriously thinking about quitting my job.... BUT when I arrived at practice I was in a very aggressive mood. Our co-captain had me rush the QB (who is huge). Did I mention that this is a co-ed team? I quickly noticed that I was having difficulty sacking the QB because I slowed my approach when I was near him, allowing him to easily scramble away. I had the clever idea to not slow down and touch him as I ran past at full speed. Sounds like a great idea, right? The very next play I went for him at full speed, at the last minute he fakes towards my direction (to avoid the other rusher) and we collide. My face impacted his shoulder (yes he is that much taller than me) and I went flying back on my ass. I gave myself whiplash by running into him, and he was not even fazed! I now have a bruise on my right cheek (face not ass).

And the kicker is he still threw the ball! In spite of this my efforts did not go unnoticed; the co-cap put me as a starting defensive player. He was a little concerned about me and my work woes but I told him not to worry about my aggression level because I am always upset with my boss. I think he is more concerned that if I quit my job, I would also quit football, but I love playing! And I hate my job!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home