A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, October 03, 2005

Painfully Boring People

This weekend I went to see the 40 year old virgin with Courtney. To the general audience the movie was predictable but funny, to me the movie was a summary of my daily interactions here in the Land of the Freaks and Geeks. One of the opening scenes of the movie involved Andy (the 40 yrs virgin) recounting his weekend to his co-worker Cal. Cal is in the back of the painfully boring monologue ready to commit suicide, and all I can think is have the writers of 40 been spying on the people at the lab. I am not joking I have this exact conversation with Ned ever Monday morning! I work with the most painfully boring person on the planet; Andy’s sandwich story is interesting compared to the conversations I have to endure when talking with Ned.

Then to top things off I am pretty sure that there are 40 year old virgins running around the halls. I am equally positive that the men around here that are married have only had sex with their wives. I was just going to type ‘Not that there is anything wrong with that’, but in general I take that back; There is something disturbing about it. Am I closet slut, thinking that everyone should experience a few different sexual partners in their lifetimes?

3 Comments:

  • I always thought you must be a closet slut!

    (OK, I was just teasing ...) By the way, some of my single girlfriends want to meet the freaks and geeks to see if any of them are datable!

    By Blogger SVM, at 8:29 AM  

  • Really? Have they read the blog?

    They can come to the next happy hour, October 21st.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 12:02 PM  

  • You damn right! I should hire a PI just for blog info.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home