A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Get a Life

Do you all remember the 1990 television series “Get a Life”? It stared Chris Elliot, who played a 30 year old paper boy (who still lived with his parents). For the rest of this post I would like you to keep this image in mind.

This morning I went to coffee with Geek-Boy who is finally willing to talk about his relationship with Shannon. It is a complete shock to me but they are still dating. Shannon is also dating Nose Guy. Now I would rather die a lonely old maid than date either one of them, but that is just me. In fact, I would consider dating them to be a form of self-torture. However, now that the competition is on to win Shannon's heart between Geek-Boy and Nose guy, GB has started working out. To be honest, GB is not bad looking just really weird. From a distance a woman would think he is tall, dark and handsome. The Competition: Nose guy has a very muscled body, actually it is really silly, and he can’t lower his arms to his sides because his muscles get in the way. Let me mention this again, I think he looks ridiculous but I guess some people like muscle bound short men.

Okay the point is GB is exercising a lot, and has lost weight. Now in the GB spirit he has not bought new jeans and his old jeans are too big. He is holding them up with a belt and the waist is gathering awkwardly. Of course being the wonderfully observant and polite person that I am, I complimented GB on his apparent weight loss. He graciously accepted the compliment and proceeded to complain about maintaining weight loss when he spent the majority of the day behind a desk. He joked that he should quit engineering (note I am not an engineer) and become a paper boy. I died! I just could not get the image of Chris Elliot out of my head. Really GB, Get a Life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home