A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, September 01, 2005

I don't need to know how smart you are

My co-workers are fcuking freaks. I know I call them the freaks and geeks but occasionally I forget how freaky they are. Today is my one year anniversary of working in hell and to start the day off I got in a huge debate with Cartman over is it more correct to stay “There is a net spin polarization left behind.” Or “There is a net spin polarization created that is left behind.” I am not kidding you. We argued for an hour. I even said “Jesus Cartman, it gives the same result.” He kept insisting that it was a subtle point and that the audience would be so confused if I did not say created. Which by the way I think using the word creates causes more confusion. However the point is one hour we fought about this with me repeatedly saying “It is not important, and to let it drop.” That is the problem with working here, everyone is trying to convince you that they are the smartest, brightest and best and you are not. I am so sick of the competition of who can piss up the tree the highest. It is stupid and pointless. I am also sick of knowing how much all the people around here know. You can not have any type of conversation without it turning into a lecture. You start with a benign conversation about anything and someone starts lecturing (usually Cartman) about the subject just to show you how much knowledge they have. I don’t care. Everyone around here is very smart, so what? They are still freaks and geeks and not people that I want to actually talk with, hang out with or even work with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home