A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, February 02, 2006

A Blogger Silent Poetry Reading

Today is A bloggers Silent Poetry Reading hosted by Grace’s Poppies. Bloggers are encouraged to post their favorite poems, or original work. My current favorite poet is Lamont Carey, a spoken word artist from DC. He is an ex-con, entrepreneur, a community activist and an excellent artist. However I can not find anything of his to post, so the next poet that has inspired me is the Anonymous Assclown, and you should check his stuff out. It is very powerful. Finally I will submit something I stumbled across;

How did I end up here?

A little flirting
A little loneliness
So persuasive
I didn’t mean to take it so far.

A little fun
A little beautiful
It feels so comforting
I didn’t mean for anyone to know.

A little resistance
A little alcohol
His hands on my body
I didn’t mean to be here.

His mouth on my body
His scent in our sheets
His toothbrush in our bathroom
I didn’t mean for it to be this way.

A new home
A new life
I love him
I didn’t mean to hurt you.

On my knees
Please forgive me
I love you
I didn’t mean to come back.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home