A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, January 23, 2006

Love and Dancing

Saturday Courtney and I went to Love and had the time of my life. There is nothing better than spending the whole night dancing. I hit the floor at 11 pm and it was after 2 am before Courtney dragged me off the dance floor. I love dancing at a club, I love the variety and mix of music, I love seeing all the different dancers, I love the loud music, and the smoke filled room and the press of humanity around me. However there is something very annoying about dancing at a club, it is the men that won’t let you do your thing. I love to dance. It is the second thing on my list of things I love. Sleep is number one on the list. The key to me is that I love to dance alone, or with a girlfriend. I don’t really enjoy dancing with men, they mess up my groove. I am unpredictable on the dance floor; hip rolls, booty bumps and plain old school step touch all in the course of one song and a partner throws off my groove. I don’t try to solicit attention at a club either; I don’t really like to dress like the typical DC club girl. Saturday, I wore a loose red sweater and loose fitting pants. Needless to say I was unique at the club; I was the only woman there that was fully clothed. I was SO in my groove on Saturday, and did not want to be disturbed. I was doing the Heisman to every man that approached me, and there were a lot of them. So many, in fact by the end of night there was a group of men standing off to the side watching men approach me and then heckling them as they were shut down. Now I am not saying this to pat myself on the back, I am saying this to ask how stupid are men, really? I danced in the same area for 3 hours non-stop by myself; do men really think I am out there waiting for them? I was obviously there to dance. A quick note for men; if a woman is doing her thing and you want to meet her, dance next to her, and for Christ’s sake DO NOT touch her. Let her dance up to you, don’t try to bump and grind on her, wait for her to start the grind. Needless to say I will be going back, because despite that minor annoyance I had a great time.

2 Comments:

  • Good tips, all. Unfortunately I have neither a swerve to get on nor a booty to bump so I'd have been resign to the heckler gallery.

    By Blogger Smerdyakov, at 7:51 AM  

  • Welcome to the heclkers-The hecklers amused me and added to the whole experience.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home