A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Love at First Site

I am guiltlessly copying the Anonymous Coward's style today.

I attended my first hockey game a couple of years ago. My date bought seats on the glass, and I was hooked right after the first fight. I loved the difficulty, intensity and violence of the game. The game unfolded like a violent soap opera, where the other team checking our star player or roughing our goalie would end up with our enforcer on the ice. Our enforcer would defend his co-players. You knew it was going to end up in a power play, but watching the drama behind the fight was almost as good as the fight itself. Within a couple of years I had my own set of season tickets, right on the glass. Along with season tickets comes the requirement of having team paraphernalia; it started small with a warm up jacket but ended with a full blown jersey. I was a fan, but not the type to linger for autographs, however after one game my partner insisted on waiting in the huge line to get his jersey autographed by the star player. I reluctantly agreed but insisted we wait in the bar until the line was smaller. We ended up being the last in line. When it was finally our turn, the star player looked up and when his eyes meet mine there was lightening! My soul leaped. I had been struck, my stomach contracted and my heart beat was erratic. I had never experienced such an intense instant physical reaction to anyone. I was struck, and it was love at first sight for me. I never talked with the hockey player, but I can still remember my body’s reaction when our eyes met.

Okay your turn; have you ever experienced Love at first sight? Anonymous comments encourage.

3 Comments:

  • I was sitting on the couch in the lobby of an office building , waiting to be interviewed for my first post-college job. Because of some last-minute issues, the person that was supposed to interview me was about 45 minutes behind, so I made myself comfortable and made small talk with the receptionist. After about 5 minutes, someone scampered through the front door and into the office area, but not before she glanced over to me as our eyes met. On the short side, maybe 5-2 or so, grey blazer, grey knee-length skirt, white collared blouse with maybe one button too many undone. I didn't even have time to nod or smile before she scurried through the door. After she disappeared, I noticed that I had stopped breathing just for a moment.
    Now that I had another reason to want this job, I started practicing the interview in my head. Then she walked back through the door, across the lobby and through another door on the other side. This time our eyes were locked the whole way. She made it about two steps before she started smiling.
    Whoosh!
    Her smile filled the entire atrium with glorious sunshine. I saw nothing but her. I heard nothing but her heels click clicking on the tile. I smelled nothing but a subtle hint of perfume. I felt nothing but the pounding of my heart against my chest.
    Then she vanished through the opposite door.
    Five minutes or so passed before she came back through. Another smile, this time forcing a lame comment from me. But she laughed anyhow.
    She walked by 3 or 4 more times before I had to go into my interview, each time with us progressing a little closer together.
    But, I didn't end up with that job and I haven't seen her in over 10 years.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 AM  

  • I was working in a financial office and this man of about 26 came through the door and stopped and inquired about his pay-off balance. After bringing the account up on the computer and telling him what it was and watching him struggle to write the numbers down in correct order, I took his pencil and wrote it myself for him. He left and I thought "wow,I think I'm in love"!

    He called 2 hours later and asked me out on a date and I went and afater that first date I called my family and said that if he came back right then and asked me to marry him I would.

    We were married within 3 months, had 3 beautiful and wonderful children and then he passed away at the much too young age of 34 from malignant melanoma.

    Yeah, I believe in love at first site!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:16 PM  

  • Annoymous, I am sorry and I hope your memories are enough to keep you sane.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home