A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, May 16, 2008

Fear

I am not fearless; in fact I am afraid of a great many things. The primary one is the fear of dying; yes I am afraid of dying. I am also afraid of fear itself. I am afraid to let fear control my life. I know a great many people who don’t do things because of fear and anxiety. My BBF Marge has let fear so control her life that it limits the places she goes and the activities she participates in. I am more afraid of becoming one of those people, the ones that don’t ski the chutes, cliffs or even black diamond runs because of fear. I am afraid of fear limiting the person I am or the person I may become. I am very afraid of fear making me and my life boring.


This latest reflection is brought on because next week I am going diving with sharks and I am very afraid. I am already feeling the anxiety of the experience 8 days in advance. My heart rate is accelerated, my tummy is upset but there is no way I am not getting in the water. I will do it and love the rush afterwards. I am afraid and I am going. I cannot let fear stop me from living life to its fullest.

6 Comments:

  • That is a great attitude. Living life to it's fullest is different than living recklessly. Do the things you know you can do.

    By Blogger Theresa, at 4:30 PM  

  • I would rather swim with sharks than go really fast down a great big hill on two skinny sticks.

    I think I may have just missed the point...

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 5:44 PM  

  • You go, girl! You really know how to experience life!
    I envy you!

    Have a great (and fearless) time!

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 9:42 PM  

  • re: last comment.

    By Blogger soleil, at 8:09 PM  

  • Fear is overrated. I fear........well not much.
    I could just be shallow.

    By Blogger Rainwolf, at 12:33 AM  

  • Izzy,

    Skiing is the bomb! It is not dangerous unless skiing with DB.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home