A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Nothing Interesting

It is the time again where everyone irritates me. It is the time where I want to divorce myself from everyone and everything around me. It is also the time when running away sounds like the best course of action. One of these cycles is going to get me into trouble, actually it already has; I was feeling very dissatisfied with my life and drinking, never a good combination, and I applied for a job. When I was called for an interview, I thought it couldn’t hurt, gain experience and exposure, also send a signal to upper management that I wanted to move up the ladder.

Though I did not remember what the job was for, I had no idea who I would be working for and all the other important details that go into a job interview. I then went on travel for a month (hence the absence) and returned to my interview grossly unprepared. Guess what happen next, I heard yesterday that they are going to make an offer. To be fair I give an excellent interview, I have received an offer every time I have received an interview.
The desire to run away is overwhelming right now. I don’t want to deal with the complications in my life. I understand that they will be the same complications in another area but they will take years to develop, thus some reprieve. I also understand going to a new place is hard at first. It takes time to establish your friend/support network. I have finally started establishing one out here, after 2 years.

4 Comments:

  • How can you title this "Nothing Interesting"???

    I'm sure you've heard the phrase... "everything happens for a reason"
    ...just sayin. ;)

    Your new opportunity would happen to be in Michigan would it? :)

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 1:12 PM  

  • No it is still here in the middle of hell

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 6:56 PM  

  • Girl I was a bit worried there. Glad you're doing okay despite of the possible transitions. I've been in a "flight" mode myself and feeling incredibly discontent with work.

    By Blogger Joy, at 11:54 PM  

  • if the offer is good and the feeling is right, i say take it.

    By Blogger soleil, at 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home