A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Express Lane

Oh my God I am in the express lane to hell. I was having a typical annoying day at work, with 30 minutes of work to do and 10 hours of sitting here, when Cartman (my office mate) called me over to look at his computer screen. While there the phone rang and he asks “Is that your phone?” Of course I check and it is not my phone it is Hop-Hop’s phone that is in the office next door with the door closed. Now this is puzzling for many reasons, the first of which is I have turned down the ringer volume on Hop-Hop’s phone numerous times. I immediately barged into his office and he holds up his hand as if to say wait a minute. I return to working with Cartman, a few minutes later Hop-Hop comes in and without missing a beat I say “Your phone it too loud.” Milliseconds later Cartman and I hear Hop-Hop adjusting the volume control on his phone. Cartman and I start laughing hysterically and he turns to me and says, “You are in the express lane”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home