A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, February 27, 2006

In the same color family

In spite of 10 hours of sleep last night I am exhausted. The exhaustion is probably a result from, hip-hop class on Thursday, a 5 mile run on Saturday and my hockey game of Sunday. As I was getting dressed for work this morning I grabbed a pair of shoes which looked brown. These are a recently acquired pair of shoes, and I did not remember them being brown, but I was very tired and running late this morning. However the shoes looked brown, but alas they are not brown they are plum. Dismayed this morning I exclaimed to Cartman that I don’t match and he was very confused. I said my pants are brown but my shoes are plum. Cartman said but they are in the same color family.

There are two color families according to Cartman, lights and darks. This observation should not come as a surprise; I have noticed that most men do not have a sense of what matches when dressing. Even the best dressed men in my life tend to put two different shades of black together, which is a minor offense but still an offense. In the land of freaks and geeks the color combinations are astounding (and not in a good way).

I am going to wander the halls and make a list of all the offenses and offenders of style, this should be mildly entertaining. Well that was not as entertaining as I thought! The general trend is grandfather jeans with a belt located just below the sternum and a shirt originally purchased sometime in the 1980s. Though I did see one pair of black 501s that were purchased more than 10 years ago, they are almost vintage now!

7 Comments:

  • As a painter, I say--it doesn't have to match.. just let it coordinate...

    By Blogger Bougie Black Boy, at 1:33 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 1:37 PM  

  • I just went to a luncheon where I saw 6 comb-overs; that means more than 10% of attendees had really bad comb- overs. Coordination is just not possible in this environment.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 1:40 PM  

  • Shades of Black, that would be a good name for a book or a blog or something, huh?

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 10:09 AM  

  • Genius- It is already the name of few books.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:16 AM  

  • gosh, I'm well-read

    this might be a clue why my genius has gone unacknowledged

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 12:53 PM  

  • Genius-It is still a cool title, even if it is not original.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home