A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Show and Tell Tuesday


When I started playing co-ed football last year I was instructed to buy football cleats right away, and of course no one informed me of how difficult buying football cleats would be. The number one difficulty is that stores don’t sell football cleats for women. I was forced to buy men’s cleats. They are ugly shoes, plain black with a white Nike swish. Sure they do the job; serviceable but without any flare or style. For the last 6 months I have longed for a pair of cleats that were more representative of my personal style, and about two months ago I decided that I wanted bright pink cleats. Now bright pink cleats are me. I went to every shoe store in the DC metropolitan area looking for pink cleats and I found nothing! I even went so far as to contact a friend of a friend that plays for the DC Divas (professional full contact female football) and asked her where I could get pink cleats, and needless to say she thought I was crazy but could not help me with my quest. Finally a knight in shinning amour heard of my plight and came to my rescue. I am now the proud owner of bright pink cleats. I can’t wait to wear them on the football field!

4 Comments:

  • I once played football with a guy who wore pink cleats - no one wanted to tackle him.

    By Blogger Smerdyakov, at 10:03 AM  

  • AC- I play flag football, no tackling here, but I will look super cool on the field now!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:09 AM  

  • Cute!!

    By Blogger SVM, at 3:22 PM  

  • SVM - Wait until you see me on the field, I am going to look hot!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home