A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, March 13, 2006

Commuting to APS

I know I was going to report on the comings and goings of the APS March meeting, and I have every intention of doing so but it will have to wait until tomorrow. This morning I arrived at the meeting, ran into a few friends made lunch and dinner dates for the rest of the week, registered and then I was out of there. It was just like last year, crowded and incredibly boring!

The meeting is 40 miles away from my house, and the government has decided I have to commute. Commuting is fine, I don’t really mind sleeping in my own bed every day and having my entire wardrobe at my finger tips when I get ready in the morning and commuting can be so entertaining. For instance today when I left the meeting I pulled next to and very nice black convertible corvette. Immediately I noticed two guys in the vette hanging out of the car yelling at me. I rolled down my window and they said, “You have a nice car.”

“Thanks, you have a nice car too.” I replied and drove to the next light. At the next light they were still hanging out of their car trying to talk to me, so I rolled down my window again.

“Are you from around here?” He asked

“No I live in DC.” I replied

“Me too, what is your name?” He asked

“Spin Doc” I replied

“I am JR, what do you do?” He asked

“I am scientist” I said and drove to the next light when the light changed. At the next light they were still trying to talk to me and I reluctantly rolled down my window again.

“Can I have your phone number?” He inquired at the next light. I laughed and shook my head and started driving on the parkway. The black vette followed me for the next 40 miles, continually pulling up the side of my car and making begging motions for my phone number. I just kept shaking my head no, and laughing a bit. I am kind of fast driver but the vette had no trouble keeping up. When I was two miles from my exit I started getting a little nervous thinking they might follow me home, but they did not get off the beltway. If nothing else commuting this morning was entertaining.

6 Comments:

  • Wow, if he had a Corvette then he must have been really really cool.

    By Blogger Smerdyakov, at 4:49 PM  

  • AC-So cool he was trying to get my number as I was driving home. I think the car was borrowed.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 4:53 PM  

  • I want to know what you were driving.

    By Blogger Michelle, at 10:30 AM  

  • Naive, I have a Thunderbird.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 4:45 PM  

  • That kind of goofy stuff can be fun, and then it can get to that point where you're "nervous". That's when you drive to the nearest police department parking lot.

    By Blogger Theresa, at 12:04 AM  

  • Theresa, I was going to the police station if he got of the same exit as me.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home