A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Tuesday Night at APS

I have been lax in my APS reporting duties, and today is another lax day. I can’t find any material to report because I am so busy supplying it myself. Last night was a great Spin Doc moment. I was joining my former group for dinner, an annual APS event that I always look forward too. We were to meet at the lobby of the convention center after the last meeting and proceed to dinner from there. I am commuting back and forth to the meeting and drove to the convention center last night. I arrived at the convention center right on time, all the meeting attendees were pouring out the doors on their way to where scientists go after dark. As I was walking towards the front doors I tripped and fell face first onto the pavement. I fell hard too! I cut the surface of my palms and bruised the heel of my hand. I also feel like I have broken something in my forearm (which I have not, but it hurts like I did).

I jumped up immediately and tried to ignore my face plant, but it was too late everyone watched me take a nose dive. I can just imagine somewhere in blog land an entry about a female scientist falling on her face at the annual meeting of solid state physicists. For the record, it was me.

5 Comments:

  • Sorry to hear about that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 PM  

  • I wonder how hard it would be for me to get a copy of that surveillance video. Hmmm.

    But seriously - sorry you fell, glad you're ok

    By Blogger Smerdyakov, at 7:40 AM  

  • I am okay. My wrist hurts still and I have road burn palm on my hand.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 5:31 PM  

  • The lawyer wants to apologize once again for causing the fall...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:49 PM  

  • Hey I didn't even mention that is wasn't my fault, but thanks for owning up!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home