A circle has too much symmetry

Sunday, April 02, 2006

White House Rose

This weekend was exhausting! From early Thursday evening until Monday morning I had to play tour guide. When you are vacation you want to take in all the sites and given the finite amount of time you have on vacation you crowd the whole experience into a couple of days. Well the last couple of days I crammed an entire Washington DC vacation in. However there were a few moments that really stand out, some in a good way and some not so good. I will start with the good one; Friday morning we toured the white house.

The white house tour was interesting considering the lengths my guest had to go through to get us access. As I walked through the few rooms our tour was allowed to view I noticed some really tacky silk flower arrangements. I thought the white house would have fresh flowers. In my mind I was really put off by all the fake floral arrangements. I love fresh flowers and have them in my place all the time. Towards the end of the tour someone in our group engaged the security guard in a conversation about the use of the room by the president’s family. After standing there a moment I asked him, “Is that floral arrangement fake?”
“What do you think?” The security guard asked.
“I think it is fake.” I replied
He plucked out a rose and handed it to me. I was shocked not only was the rose real he had given me one out the white house. I was the only one in our tour group that got one. Numerous other tourists said I should press it and keep it forever, which I am not going to do. However I spent the rest of the day feeling like one of the prettiest women in the world. It is funny what a rose from a man can do to a woman.

7 Comments:

  • Turns you to mush, don't it? And spin_doc1, what man wouldn't give you a rose? You seem like a very attractive woman, inside and out. :)

    By Blogger Joy, at 11:39 AM  

  • Ahh Joy, you are so sweet! And I am a sucker for flowers.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 11:41 AM  

  • Sounds to me like someone's bucking for a bouquet.

    By Blogger Smerdyakov, at 3:16 PM  

  • AC - I have flowers right now, but I will let you know when I need another bouquet.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 3:49 PM  

  • I know how it is to play tour guide to visitors. Thank goodness there's not as much to see here as there is in DC. I like seeing guests arrive but I like seeing them go just as well. We're moving to the Ft. Worth area next month and I plan to use my driving phobia as an excuse to not play tour guide when the first guests visit. Of course I won't be lying, I'm scared to death of traffic.

    And how cool was that about the rose! :)

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 6:27 PM  

  • You bring that rose back here right away you...you...Miss scientist know it all!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:01 PM  

  • Genius, don't move to DC the traffic is terrible.

    Laura, I think it was my pretty pink sweater and not my brain that received the rose, but it does feel good to get flowers.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home