A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, May 12, 2006

Goodbye

How much is going to hurt when I say goodbye to you?
I hope that I will be able to hide that hurt from the world.

Am I going to bleed inside?
If I am bleeding inside I am going to hope that the blood does not flow to the surface.

Am I going to have a hole in my heart that used to be filled with you?
I am going to try and fill it with something else.

Will I be in anguish when I tell you goodbye?
If I am in anguish I am going to hope I can smile on the outside.

Will I crumble under the pain of saying goodbye to you?
I am going to hope I have the strength to put on a brave face.

I know it is going to hurt and I am afraid.
I am very afraid, but I am still going to say goodbye to you.

Will I be incomplete without you?
Was I complete with you?

4 Comments:

  • Time will heal this wound Spinner. Have faith that this will happen and be good to yourself. *hugs* I'll be praying for you.

    By Blogger Joy, at 12:50 AM  

  • I've been trying to think up something inspiring to say - something that will make this easier for you. I got nothin'.

    Instead I'll take you out and get you drunk. That's what friends are for. :)

    By Blogger Michelle, at 10:13 AM  

  • Here's to old doors closing as painlessly as possible, and new doors opening with bright possibilities.

    Take care. xxx

    By Blogger Imelda, at 7:19 AM  

  • Joy,

    It is scabbing over, slowly but it is healing.

    Naive,

    Oh I am all about large quantities of alcohol!

    Imelda,

    Amen!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home