A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, May 01, 2006

My First Day of Work

Well my first day of work was fabulous!! It started with general safety training that was BORING, but to be expected. After lunch I got to go shoe shopping! No joking, my first day of work and I was shoe shopping. They took me to a mobile shoe-shopping place, complete with three different stores. I was a hit at the shoe store too. I walked through each of the stores looked at all the shoes available, tried a few on in each store and finally picked a pair that I can live with. The whole experience was therapeutic and wonderful even if I was shopping for safety shoes.

I did get a pair athletic shoes that do not look like safety shoes. I asked every last one of the salespeople for pink safety shoes. I think they thought me a little daft, but hey I have a thing for pink shoes! I might try to order a pair online. My new boss was with me the entire time, and I am not sure what he thought. I have already impressed him and not with my shoe selection powers either.

He left me alone this afternoon and I tracked down the supporting information I needed to complete my “First Project”. He did not give me all that I needed and I knew my administrative assistant would know where it was, so why bother him right? At the end of the day he came in a mentioned that he would get me the stuff and I informed I already had it. The look on his face was priceless; he even mentioned how glad he was that he hired me. I told him as long as he kept me busy I would be happy too.

4 Comments:

  • Sounds like your off to a smashing start! Be careful, they might expect this greatness out of you all the time. ;)

    Welcome back! I missed you.

    By Blogger Michelle, at 9:52 AM  

  • Glad you're back and that things are off to such a good start for you in your new place.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 11:10 AM  

  • Yay you're back! You've been missed! Shoe shopping on the first day? Can I have your job???

    By Blogger Joy, at 5:58 PM  

  • Hey Ladies,

    Thank you. I have been super busy and I love it. The shoe shopping was a huge bonus and if I find pink safety shoes I have been given the okay to get them too! Finally 10 years of schooling is starting to pay off!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home