A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, September 22, 2006

Vacation

I am going on vacation next week. I am not bringing my laptop either and won’t be blogging. Though to be honest I gave up on bringing anything work related on vacation years ago. I am not one of those people who think that their company would collapse without them. I also believe in taking time off even though I don’t use all the time I am given. I do use some of it.

I will be returning to DC for a week and I am a really looking forward to the trip. The obvious reasons are I am going to spend time with my friends and visit some of my old haunts. The other reason is this trip is going to be my final assessment on my decision to leave the big city. I am now in a job that I love and I can see myself with this company for the rest of my life. However I am really unhappy about everything else. I hate this place, but more than I hate this place, I hate the people but more than I hate the people I hate the look in their eyes.

Is DC really all that much better than small town USA? With the perspective of small town USA fresh in my mind I am going to make a comparison and then a decision on where my life should go next. Wish me luck.

6 Comments:

  • have a fun vacation!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:27 AM  

  • Wishing you all the best on your trip Spinner. DC's only about a three hour drive from where I am. ;)

    By Blogger Joy, at 4:55 PM  

  • Vacations rock. Hope you have a great one!

    I hope the clarity you are looking for finds you on this travel.

    By Blogger ZooooM, at 10:18 PM  

  • I plan on having a great time!! And I hope I find the clarity I am looking for too.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:34 AM  

  • Sounds like tough decisions. Best of luck. Relax and have a great time.

    By Blogger Theresa, at 10:02 AM  

  • Hope you have a great time back home, though we'll miss you here.

    By Blogger Michelle, at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home