A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Goodbye great Bloggers, I wish you luck and love.

I started reading blogs in April 2005, one blog in particular, Dating Hell Dairies (DHD) out of DC. DHD was a fabulous writer and it seemed that she left little out of her blog. I could almost see the woman behind the blog and she inspired me. The documenting of her pain and successes moved me to blog about my frustrations in my job. I started a blog soon after and wrote about the horrible people I worked with and my awful job. Shortly after I started blogging DHD disappeared from the blog seen.

Right about the time DHD left the blogging world, I stumbled across the Anonymous Assclown’s (AC) blog. AC’s blog was definitely entertaining, though too much bathroom humor for my tastes. It was also well written and so open with the pain of being human, whether experienced by the author or not; it was beautifully delivered and it stimulated me. It was thought provoking, belligerent and all together a daily must read. Now AC has disappeared from the blog seen.

Through AC’s blog I became familiar with a group of special bloggers; Theresa whose quick wit with the keyboard has no equal, but Theresa is no longer regularly blogging. I met Unacknowledged Genius there, who through her comments and writing is one of the sweetest bloggers alive. Genius is now on hiatus too. I also discovered Naïve No More; whose comical writings always brought a smile to my face and her narratives on the daily occurrences of life a must read for the entire blogging world. Naïve is also absent more often than not from the blog world.

Finally I also found Imelda, whose blog was at times was a little X-rated and made me blush, but it also provided me with information I was always curious about but afraid to ask. Imelda also was strong, confident, successful, damaged, a little broken, insecure and a whole lot like myself. In addition she was an artist in her writings, regardless of the subject. She is gone now too. I miss every last one of these bloggers, but I am feeling the pain of Imelda’s absence the most. I wish all of you luck in your lives and sincerely hope the reason you no longer blog is you are too happy and content to share your life’s pains and joys.

There is no point in linking to these previous greats, they are no longer out there.

10 Comments:

  • Aw, thank you for the nice things you said about me. I may be back yet. And I think Naive will be back when she resolves her computer problems.

    I don't think AC is gone yet either. Looks like he's trying to cultivate a new crop. He's got a never ending supply of manure for fertilizer.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 9:08 AM  

  • Genius,
    You might be right about AC, and I hope you and Naive return too.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 11:02 AM  

  • I've noticed the void myself. I had just gotten to start reading Imelda as well. And it's no surprise, as I'm unfailingly the last to find the good stuff.

    AC, I believe, was/is trying to blur the line between satire, biting satire, outright lies and jackassery that is actually pretty popular these days. Sometimes he made me flinch, but I always loved it when Imelda took him to task. I found him interesting, but in a way that I wouldn't want to admit. I'm pretty sure that's what he's after.

    UG, as with everyone I've started reading through various finds, I've come to visit you as often as I can. I can't always comment, but I read often. Spin too. I just haven't had a chance to link you guys proper in my links.

    I think there will be lapses, but most times when the good ones take a vacation, they can't deny the pull of writing for very long. I think they will be back - at least I hope they will. If not, I too wish them luck.

    By Blogger ZooooM, at 11:08 AM  

  • Zoom,

    You are my last hope, don't leave! I thought DHD would return but she never did. I will keep my fingers crossed and still look in on Imelda from time to time.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 7:57 PM  

  • And I keep calling you UG, and you are SPIN! FEH. That's what happens, my head mixes things up and refuses to get it right. I'm sorry. To both of you.

    Oh, I'm not going anywhere. Thanks for the kindness there. The husband has too many antics to be caught on tape. In all honesty, I find writing out my "adventures" to be quite healthy for me. I just can't believe other people actually take time to read and comment on my drivel. Thank goodness they do, because that's how I find the good writers.

    Let's keep an eye out together.

    By Blogger ZooooM, at 10:50 AM  

  • I'm happy to say Naive is my best friend in the world - It's always nice to hear others recognize how spectacular she is. :)

    I think it's beena challenging summer, blogging wise. I visit so many of these people you mentioned - and others as well who have been on hiatus. I had a lean summer myself with blogging - but that's okay - no one really visits me anyway. ;)

    By Blogger clew, at 10:17 PM  

  • I'm not dead yet.

    By Blogger Theresa, at 9:25 AM  

  • Spin,

    You just made me cry... both happy and sad tears. Happy that I could have had such an effect on other people (you wouldn't believe how many positive emails I've received), and sad because I will miss blogging and the good things that it brought to my life; including many new friendships.

    It really was the right time for me to move on, and I'm glad I did so. The character of Imelda will no longer write again, but who knows what might be out there in another guise some day down track. I will never lose my love for writing and story telling, but I'm a lot wiser now about protecting my anonymity.

    For now I'm simplifying my life and concentrating on the things that are most important to me with as few distractions as possible.

    Take care and I will stay in touch.

    Love,

    Imelda
    xxx

    By Blogger Imelda, at 7:32 AM  

  • Clew,
    I will so link to you and visit you every day I blog!

    Theresa,
    Good to hear!

    Imelda,
    You will have to let me know if you resurface.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:38 AM  

  • I'm not gone either, Spinner. Just on a hiatus beyond my control. My computer had a serious melt down and I just got it back yesterday.

    I'm way behind on everything, but I certainly plan on catching back up and bloggin just as often as I did a couple months ago.

    I've missed you too, sister. Don't give up on me yet.

    By Blogger Michelle, at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home