A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Swamped

It is unbelievable I missed a few days of work and I am so far behind! Though to be fair I am almost caught up, even with my major work event. Before I left on vacation last week my boss informs me that the corporate big wigs are coming into town. He also asked me if I had any ideas for him to showcase our department’s role in the corporate big picture. Of course I had ideas, and gave them to him.

Yesterday when I returned to work he asked if I could put together a presentation “just in case” for the big meeting today. Once again I said sure, now don’t be alarmed because this kind of thing happened daily in my last job, and I like the pressure. So I threw together a “just in case” pitch, late yesterday evening I get the word that I might be saying a few words right before lunch.

This morning at 7:30 am, I get the word that I am a go. I am not worried I have 4 hours to come up with a pitch, modify my presentation and prep. At 8:15 am I get a call from the VP’s Ad Min asking, “Where am I? And everyone is waiting for me. AND my presentation is scheduled for 9am.” I rush over there and give my presentation, cold! I was fabulous too!!!

Now the best things to come out of this are my boss could have taken my ideas and pitched them, taking if not the credit at least the spotlight. He didn’t, and that is one among many reasons I love this job. BUT the most important thing to come out of this is exposure, I have been invited to dinner with the CEO this evening and I am so there!!

3 Comments:

  • Way to go Spin!

    I've had a very busy but fruitful week at work too. Must be sympatico or sumthin. Good luck with the CEO.

    By Blogger Imelda, at 8:59 AM  

  • Imelda,
    I charmed him! Or at least I think I did, and I am sticking with that idea.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:00 AM  

  • hey, good job! congrats.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home