A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I missed the wedding!

I missed the wedding! I forgot my invitation and called the “best man” early in the day of the wedding inquiring what time the wedding was, and she said “6:30”, and at 5:30 I had just gotten into the taxi when my phone rings informing me the wedding is in 5 minutes. I missed the actual ceremony but I did make it to the reception. I visited and drank and had a splendid time, and really enjoyed the food! I would of liked to actually see the ceremony, but I did get to see the bride in all her glory.

One of the things I find interesting about the DC area is that it is a city constantly on the move, a transient city for a lack of a better word. There is a constant influx of highly motivated, highly educated career driven singles AND that is what I miss about DC. I miss the people. I miss the people that are similar to me in ideas, background and goals, and in DC there are so many of them it is very easy to make wonderful friends. I have a lot of amazing friends in DC and I miss them. I do not miss the city I miss the people.

My new geographical location lacks the same type of friends I had in DC. I have made friends here, but not as close of friends. I also don’t have to work with people that I can’t stand anymore, which is a huge bonus. My current friends/co-workers fall into two categories, young and just figuring out life or older married couples with children, and unfortunately I am not either one. However I am beginning to realize that I have enough friends in my life even if a vast majority of them live in the DC area. I have not given up hope of recruiting them to come and work here. My first BAW turned us down and took an offer in the Midwest.

4 Comments:

  • Glad you were there!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:31 PM  

  • It sounds like you're resting easier in your decision about where you want to live, that's good. I missed reading you while you were away, glad you made it home safely.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 8:23 AM  

  • I am glad I made it too!

    Genius,
    Thanks. I am resting easier with my decision, even though it is breaking my heart again.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:23 AM  

  • I've been a little blog mia myself lately. Glad to hear a decision found you. I hope things get better for you as you go. I think they will.

    By Blogger ZooooM, at 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home