A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Magic Pills

Exercise is my Prozac, and I am positive that I need it. I exercise for many reasons; it is good for your health and I still haven’t surrendered the notion that I can still be the weight I was when I was 21, but the main reason is the Prozac. I exercise in the morning, which is really tough for me. I am not a morning person but I wake up (sometimes as early as 4:30 am) to exercise. I find that when I have a great work-out, like this morning, I feel great about myself and life all day. When I skip my morning workout I feel terrible, but lately my Prozac has been failing me. It used to be that whenever I worked out regardless of the effort I put forth I received a natural dose of Prozac. Monday and Tuesday mornings I worked out but I just wasn’t feeling it, so I did about 50% of my normal workout and the Prozac effect abandoned me.

This really concerns me because I am an intrinsically lazy person. Everyday I exercise it is an internal battle for motivation, and I don’t know if I have the will power to fight and win a daily battle for a good workout. If I could take a magic pill that would give me all the benefits of exercise without any adverse side effects, I would be a daily pill popper. Or a magic pill to give me motivation would work too, I am not that picky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home