A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, February 05, 2007

More Ukraine


Entertaining and Great things that happened on my trip to Ukraine

1. Sitting next to and flirting with a HOTTIE from DC to Frankfort
2. Wandering through the largest art district I have ever been in
3. Clicking with my team members
4. Pretending it was my birthday and drinking great champagne and eating wonderful chocolate until the wee hours of the morning
5. Sleeping the entire way during a 10 hour car ride
6. Watching my frail timid co-worker out walk the dragon lady
7. Smooth Vodka
8. Great bread
9. Luxurious bathtub with wonderful bath oils in Kiev
10. Fabulous food and wine
11. Out drinking the guys
12. Being locked in my hotel room in the dark
13. The Work (it was fascinating!)
14. Packing enough warm clothes
15. Bell hops
16. Wonderful team members that really looked out for me (carrying my luggage and protecting me)
17. Ukrainian mafia body guards
18. Interrupters
19. Losing 5 pounds
20. Fabulous exchange rate



Not so wonderful experience and stuff that happened on my trip to Ukraine

1. Muddy streets
2. No street lights
3. Terrible food that did not agree with me
4. Not drinking enough Vodka
5. Getting locked in my hotel room, in the dark for 3 hours
6. No running water
7. No heat
8. No electricity
9. Turkish bathrooms
10. No toilet paper
11. Sitting in the Frankfort airport for 18 hours
12. Not bathing for 48 hours
13. Jet lag
14. Really, really heavy luggage

5 Comments:

  • WOW! The not so wonderful stuff almost outweighs the great things!

    No heat?
    NO Running water???
    NO TOILET PAPER???

    I wanna hear more about the Hottie on the plane and the Ukrainian Mafia bodyguards!! :)

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 11:31 AM  

  • It sounds like quite an experience! I want to hear more too.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 1:11 PM  

  • I will try to tell more, but some things are best left unspoken.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 1:34 PM  

  • I don't know-I think the entertaining and great outweighs the not-so-good. I totally need a job that would enable me to take awesome trips to the Ukraine. Only I think I'd have to have a smart brain like yours. I only have a kind-of-smart brain, which is why the most exotic locale I've ever traveled to for work is San Antonio, TX. Very nice city. And hey, no Turkish toilets!

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 3:46 PM  

  • Izzy,

    Aw thanks, but great brains have many uses and not everyone's brain can do math. My brain can't paint, draw, sculpt or even color.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home