A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, February 12, 2007

Dancing on Stage

This weekend was full! I bowled on Friday and Saturday night. Though the Saturday night bowling was like I thought bowling was suppose to be, loud music, alcohol, friends, black lights, disco ball (I think you get the idea). However the plus side was now that I am on a bowling league I totally rock when it comes to bowling with my friends. Granted I still am a terrible bowler but with all this practice I am much better than all my friends.

Friday night after bowling I went on a “Girl’s night” adventure with some ladies from work. I received the invitation from a double forward and was really hesitant to attend. I only knew 2 of the people of the invite and only one of them well. Nonetheless I have been in a funk since I returned from the Ukraine and decided to take a risk and go. I showed up at dinner, a little late because of the bowling and was surprised by what I discovered. I am not sure what I was expecting but it definitely was not what I found, which was a room full of 14 women, and 12 of the women were plus sized. I know I am not a very nice person to notice this but I could not help it. It does not mean the women were less in any way in fact they were more. Sorry I couldn’t help myself (again).

Well they made me feel immediately welcome and the conversation was fun and lively. After dinner we went to a piano bar, all 15 of us. The team ring leaders of the “Girls Night Out” are regulars at the piano bar and soon after our arrival they called us up on the stage. I was very reluctant to go up on stage, and soon the piano man started chanting my name on the mike “Spin-Doc, Spin-Doc, Spin-Doc” the chant was picked up by the entire bar. I was horrified! I was raised to be very polite in public, not loud, not flashy and NOT an exhibitionist, and I have a very hard time shaking my upbringing off. Reluctantly I went onto the stage and was very far from the steps. The piano man told us to turn around and put our backs to the audience, which was fine by me I didn’t want anyone to see how embarrassed I was. As soon as all of us turned around he started singing “I like big butts and I can not lie”

Oh it was the worst! I did the only respectable thing I could at that moment and I shook my stuff! I did bootie bumps, which are not well known in the middle of nowhere, a few Carmen Electra moves, hip swirls and a whole lot of bootie shaking. After the song finished and the cat calls died down, I scampered upstairs to relative safety. As soon as the men from downstairs started making their way upstairs, my Cinderella hour had arrived and it was time to go home. And in case you are wondering I don’t think my prince charming would find it amusing that I was up on stage shaking my stuff for a bar full of strange men.

3 Comments:

  • Wow! Sounds like a RIOT!!!
    I've only been to a piano bar once and it was the most AWESOME thing EVER!!! Loved it!

    Although, I NEVER would've been able to get up on stage. NEVER. I'm very very shy and embarrass way to easily when it comes to stuff like that....So good for you!! :)

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 8:40 PM  

  • I'm not sure but I think you're in Utah? I hope you're safe and sound and you weren't at that mall last night.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 2:04 PM  

  • I am safe and sound. Thank you for asking.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home