A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, February 26, 2007

Soldiers?

I almost got served on Saturday! I was at an NBA basketball game Saturday night trying to enjoy the game, but having a very difficult time due to a very obnoxious guy behind me. The guy behind me was a big, fat car salesman. He was talking on his phone the entire first quarter making car deals. It was a basketball game so he had to be really loud to overwhelm the noise of the game. Now I don’t mind loud people at a game, but they are loud about the actual game and not their car sales. Me being me turned around a couple to times to see what and who was being so obnoxious. The second time I turned around he made some comment about this woman who kept turning around to look at him, and wondered what the f*ck I wanted. Not for once did I think this was not a good idea, because I am never one to think before I speak. I immediately turned around and said, “I was just wondering if you needed a drink because your throat must be dry from all that talking.” The obnoxious fan went ballistic. He yelled at me and told me to get me arse out of there, and that it was a basketball game and not church. You get the idea.

Then a little elderly lady a couple seat down from me said “You should have left your cell phone home” and then the guy seating next to him said, “I agree with her.” At this point I thought the guy was going to kick someone’s arse (actually mine the instigator). He was so pissed, yelling at me, the elderly lady and the guy next to him; telling us to get off in very impolite words. I was not saying anything, actually trying to make myself as small as target as possible. But they guy next to him said a few words and then went and got security. The obnoxious guy was removed for the next two quarters of the game, and they confiscated his cell phone. The rest of the game was comparatively uneventful. However I was sitting next to two men and neither one of them stepped up when this guy threw a fit. Neither one said anything to the guy. I asked them both later where they were in my defense and they both had excuses but in my time of need I was left on my own.

I need a soldier
That ain't scared to stand up for me
Known to carry big things
If you know what I mean


Are there any soldier’s out there?

6 Comments:

  • You didn't need men, you needed some Hot Chiks, Baby!

    By Blogger Theresa, at 7:30 AM  

  • This guy was angry and potentially violent, that is guy stuff not Hot Chiks stuff.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:50 AM  

  • Let me know when you find your "soldier", 'cause I'm still looking for mine.

    By Blogger Joy, at 2:46 PM  

  • Joy,

    You will be the first to know.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 3:58 PM  

  • That's pathetic. My husband would have been all over him in a heartbeat. I remember at the Barenaked Ladies concert in November, when everyone was standing up, the guy behind me tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if I could sit down, as he and his wife had paid $70 for their seats and wanted to be able to enjoy the show. Me, I got into a snit. My husband, he turned around and told the guy not to mess with his wife, and we paid more than $70 for our seats, and by hell we were going to enjoy the concert on our feet just like everybody else.

    My husband can be a jerk, but he can also be a hero. If you were here, I'd tell you to borrow him when you're going to basketball games. He wouldn't have let that violent and angry man get away with it!

    By Blogger Faith, at 12:01 PM  

  • Faith,

    I am so calling you the next time I need a man to stand up for me!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home