A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, June 22, 2007

Leap before you look

In case you could not tell I had a fabulous time on my rafting trip. I enjoyed every bit of it, the adventure, the company, the partying, basically the whole thing. We had three guides, one for each boat, the female for the oar boat, the hottie for the paddle boat and Big O for the S-rig.

At night we would sit drinking in a big story telling circle and Big O was a fabulous story teller. He started every story with No shit there I was and by the end of the week I couldn’t even start a phrase without No shit there I was.

The trip was so good for me; it had been so long since I have been happy I almost forgot what it was like. The trip reminded me that I was losing myself again, losing the adventurous and a bit reckless side of me, the part of me that I really love. I am going to try to get out of the pattern of life that is making me miserable. I want to embrace the side of me that is scary, reckless and leap before you look. I am truly happy when I do.

Well I am off to Hawaii, I am not planning on blogging while gone but you never know.

4 Comments:

  • I hope Hawaii is as fun and adventurous for you as the rafting trip.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 8:48 AM  

  • Genius,

    So far I have slept, catching up on lack of sleep getting here. Hopefully there are some no shit there I was stories to follow.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 12:39 PM  

  • So glad to hear you're finding yourself again!

    HAWAII???? Geezus, woman! You sure do take alot of trips.
    Yes.... I'm envious. Very.

    Have a blast!! :)

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 6:07 PM  

  • Chesney Girl,

    I don't travel as much as I used to when I was a real scientist. I do like going places.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home