A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Window to the Soul


Yesterday I had an eye appointment and I was very concerned that my eyesight had deteriorated to the point that I needed glasses. I think glasses are for geeks. Now I know people who wear glasses who aren’t geeks, and actually look good in glasses. Even though I am decades removed from the playground I can’t leave the playground mentality behind. If I put glasses (other than sunglasses) on my face then I am a nerd. Now I know I used to be the queen of the geeks, the title no longer applies now that I have lost my court, but I am vane. I am really vane about my eyes, they are one of my best features and they are spectacular. I dread the day I have to cover them up with glasses.

Thankfully I don’t need glasses I have 20/20 vision, which is not the 20/10 I used to have but still too good for corrective lenses. I also have something like focal fatigue from staring at this stupid computer screen for countless hours. The only thing I need to change is getting up from the computer more often.

Update on the family front my youngest sister, Susanne, is getting married. Or at least that is the current plan, I am mildly concerned. This is her first boyfriend and they have only been together about a month. My youngest sister was raised in my father’s house and is not like the siblings I was raised with. Susanne struggles with self-esteem issues, weight problems and general social interactions. I am happy that she is happy but I am also concerned that her first love will end badly (like most do). Though there is nothing I can do to protect her and she might learn something from the experience.

2 Comments:

  • I wondered what color your eyes were. The only picture I've seen of you had your eyes covered. Pretty.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 5:38 PM  

  • I like having gold eyes, they are at times green, sometimes yellow and in poor light brown.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home