A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Life comes at you fast

First of all thank you all for the wonderful reading recommendations but life has a way of taking turns when you least expect it. I found out on Saturday that Meadow has a mast cell tumor. I don’t know what stage it is, one being a solitary tumor confined to the dermis without nodal involvement and progressing up to stage IV; being any tumor with distant metastasis or recurrence with metastasis. The primary pathology is being done today and she is scheduled for surgery on Friday.

My sister Brittany was out of town on Saturday when I found out. Brittany is a vet too, but she does not live near me so I take Meadow to a local vet that she recommended. Brittany is coming up after work this evening to give me her opinion, but from our phone conversations she is in agreement with the mast cell tumor diagnosis. She also is very concerned about the tumor considering Meadow is so young and typically these tumors are only seen in old dogs.

To say it mildly I am traumatized. I can’t stop crying at my desk. My only hope it that I am overreacting and this is going to be a simple procedure and Meadow will be back to being my little terror in a week or two.

6 Comments:

  • Oh, I am so sorry to hear this!! I'm praying for you and Meadow, and hope everything turns out just beautifully.

    By Blogger Faith, at 8:44 AM  

  • Oh Spin, I'm so sorry. I'd be reacting the same way. I hope it turns out okay for you and Meadow. Please keep us posted.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 9:10 AM  

  • That's terrible! I truly hope everything works out and it is easily treatable. Please keep us updated on any news. Stay positive!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 AM  

  • I'm sorry about this turn of events for you and Meadow. Know that I'll be keeping you both in prayer. Keep us updated!

    By Blogger Joy, at 12:48 PM  

  • I'm so sorry Spin. I'd be a mess too. I completely empathize.

    Please keep us updated.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 4:13 PM  

  • OH SPIN!! I am so so SOOO sorry!! This just makes ME want to cry!

    I will have my fingers crossed that she will come out just fine in the end.

    Please sure to post the outcome!

    *HUGS*

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home