A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

No shit there I was for a third time

No shit there I was yet again riding the bull through rapids 28, 29 and 30. Now for you Cataract Canyon buffs you might be thinking I am making this up but rapids 29 and 30 just appeared this year, and as a result they are rapidly changing each week. Rapid 29 is quickly becoming one of the bigger drops on the river and by far the biggest drop in the end of the Canyon.

After the big drop three I thought I would take a break from paddling and switch over to the oar boat, but being the little adventure seeker that I am I wanted to ride the bull. The bull is the very front of the boat and you sit on it and let your legs dangle out of the boat, like riding a mechanical bull with nothing to straddle. Now our totally awesome, hard-core, amazing female river guide said I could ride the bull (the first to do so the entire rapids stretch) but I would have to get back in the boat for rapid 29, because I would definitely “swim” if I rode the bull through 29.

So no shit there I was still riding the bull into rapid 29 with the promise I would not fall out. We crested the top of the 10 foot drop and I thought on shit there is no way I am going to hang on! I huge wave crashed into me three feet over my head attempting to violently throw me off my perch on the bull. The wave swamped me with the force of a truck; the wall of water was 10 times the size of me. I held on and kept my perch mainly to show the queen of the river guides that I had game!


I was once again vaulted into celebrity status; everyone who watched could not believe I held on. I would have liked to swim but a promise is a promise. I did wind up with some wicked rope burns and a wrenched shoulder to show for my efforts but the body is meant to be sacrificed in pursuit of adventure.

2 Comments:

  • Good grief, woman!!! You are one brave chick!!

    SO! now that you accomplished that.... when are you going to ride a REAL bull?

    Huh? When?

    ;)

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 2:49 PM  

  • As soon as I get the chance! I was thinking topless? Any thoughts??

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home