A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Something I don't like

I am the type of person that loves myself to a fault but I have discovered something I really don't like about myself. I can't take any common courtesy or help from someone I don't like.

I am stuck in the nine aspects of hell in the middle of paradise. Yes I am still in Hawaii, isolated, surrounded and sought after by people I can't stand. I am at a resort (with no car), where all my food, drinks, entertainment, exercise, beach time and leisure is spent with these people.

Yesterday we worked a half day and took a tour to the black sand beach. Now in any other walk of my life I would have had someone looking out after me, someone to carry my stuff, someone to run back to the room if I forgot something, someone to put sun block on my back. There were takers yesterday who wanted to fill this role and I just couldn't. I can not take anything from people I can't stand and everything from people I like. In fact I was irritated when they insisted on doing small favors me.

I don't like this about me, I should be abusive and mean to the people in my life I don't like and nice to the people I do. Instead I take a lot from the people that who are a joy to have in my life and I want them there and nothing from the people who don't want in my life but are willing to give whatever I ask for.

2 Comments:

  • I totally empathize with this. I really don't like taking favors from people I dislike because it suggests a relationship that isn't there. I don't think it has anything to do with abusing the ones you love. Just my take.

    And it's all about me.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 4:12 PM  

  • Thank you Izzy Bella, I was feeling a little guilty.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home