A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, March 06, 2006

A New Face

Last night I was my 4th hockey game ever, and I scored not one but two goals. My hockey skills are improving by leaps and bounds, but considering I had never touched a hockey stick before I bought one for my first game this is not surprising. After my second game my captain promoted me to fulltime hockey player instead of a sub. After my 3rd game I got promoted to first line.

Last night’s game was my first time playing first line, and in case you missed it I scored 2 goals; Yes little ole me scored twice. Honestly they were totally lucky shots. My first goal was half way into the first period. The score was 1 to 0 in our favor. I was in front of the net and the next thing I knew a rebound was coming straight for me, I lifted my stick and it connected with the ball and it went in. I couldn’t believe it. I was so excited. I started jumping up and down, and performing a little victory dance. I even shared my enthusiasm with the other team. I bragged, “Did you see that? That was my first goal ever!” Needless to say the other team was not impressed. Oh well, this is the same team where I got intentionally elbowed in the face.

My 2nd goal came during the second period and once again it was a total luck shot. It was another rebound shot and it went in. I immediately started screaming, “That is two baby doll, two!” I spent the rest of the game, saying “Two baby doll!” After the second shot the other team changed my defender to a guy. I took a lot of rough play after that but it was worth it!

In addition to actually scoring two goals (Two Baby Doll) I actually made real passes. The ball went where I meant it to go, more than once. I do play for the best team in our league which is great fun. We always win. Watch out Sport’s fans there is a new face in hockey, and it is me!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home