A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, April 10, 2006

Adventures in Cooking

I am not a cook, not by any definition of the word would one consider me a cook. However from time to time I forget that I am incapable of cooking and think today I am going to make myself something great. Yesterday was one of those temporary lapses in judgment. After spending the entire day recovering from a night of too much alcohol I decided that I wanted a full course meal. I was going to cook myself a three course meal. I planned the entire thing too. I went to the grocery store and purchased all the supplies.

I was going to cook myself lemon pepper fish, garlic potatoes and asparagus. Sounds great right? And coming from a restaurant or someone who can cook it probably would have been great. Coming from me it was a complete disaster. It started with the potatoes, now for starters they were from a box and they should have been easy. However I did not notice the recipe was for one package of instant potatoes and the box contained two packages until it was too late and both packages went into the pot. No garlic potatoes for me.

The fish was just disgusting. I really can’t tell you what went wrong there. I think I followed the recipe exactly and it should have turned out. Perhaps it was the quality of fish, I just don’t know. I do know that I took one bite of the fish and that was enough, no fish for me. The asparagus turned out just fine. I microwaved it with a little water and lemon juice so not a whole lot could go wrong. So after all my big plans and a trip to the grocery store I ended up eating asparagus and drinking two really big glasses of milk for dinner. I also ended up with a complete mess in the kitchen, from now on I am sticking to restaurants!

4 Comments:

  • I'm not much of a cook either. Seems like I cook the same things over and over and I stick to the basics. I've only cooked a full meal twice in the last month and a half. I hate cooking just for me since my husband is already in TX. I'm starting to look like a starving refugee!

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 12:26 PM  

  • Genius, I still eat top ramen almost every day, but even if I was cooking for more than one I wouldn't like it.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 1:02 PM  

  • Some minds are not wired for the mundane. It's said Einstein couldn't drive a car.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 PM  

  • Dr. Who, I am not an Einstein..but thank you for trying to make me feel better.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home