A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, April 21, 2006

I am easy to please

I can be such a simple creature at times, and so easy to please too. It only takes a small thing to make me very happy and today is no exception. I stopped at the local gas station on my way into work today for some caffeine. I don’t have anything in my house right now because of the move. Granted I look pretty cute today and that definitely worked to my advantage this morning. When I walked into the gas station a male customer at the counter commented to the male cashier. “Is she being recorded on tape?” To which the cashier replied “Yes she is.” And then the customer said “I need a copy of that tape.” Then they both continued to talk about how beautiful I was.

I was smiling and chuckling a little bit at this exchange. Of course the customers and the cashier continued to shower me with compliments, to which I just smiled my reply. Finally the cashier waited on me and I gave him cash for the amount of one penny over which I was charged. I said “You can keep the penny.” And he replied “I am going to keep next to my heart, since it is from you.”

Now it was funny and probably insincere but darn it if they did not make me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world today. I have been in a great mood all morning!

10 Comments:

  • Wow! That'd be enough to make me be in a good mood the rest of my life. You must be a hottie!

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 3:52 PM  

  • Genius, I am not! That is why I am so easy to please, if I was a hottie I would be like everyone thinks I am beautiful and I would not be easy to please.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 3:58 PM  

  • Was that you? Dang, you did look cute today. ;)

    By Blogger Michelle, at 4:22 PM  

  • Naive, I think it is the shoes!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 4:30 PM  

  • I am going to hang out in gas stations just so I can use that line.

    Thanks.

    By Blogger Nashville Knucklehead, at 9:01 PM  

  • Nashville, it might not get you a phone number. I did not give mine out.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 8:45 AM  

  • I was genuinely mistaken for 28 TWICE last night (I'm actually 37). One of them was even a professional make-up artist who couldn't believe how well I've looked after my skin (it's called sunscreen, hats and indoors).

    So anyway, as someone who is reasonable looking but not a stunning head turner, I share your joy, Spin.

    Cheers to random flattery!

    By Blogger Imelda, at 2:12 AM  

  • What was the number you didn't give out?



    (I just want to see if that works)

    By Blogger Nashville Knucklehead, at 1:17 PM  

  • hottie physicist! you go girlfriend!!

    By Blogger Joy, at 6:51 PM  

  • Imelda, thank you. It is always nice to feel beautiful.

    Nashville, 240-... Oh wait I don't give my number out to strangers. I almost forgot.

    Joy, it is not hard to be a hot female physicists. The sheer lack of women in the field makes it possible.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home