A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A new Drink, the Spinner

The other day while attempting to make a Cosmopolitan I invented a new martini and it rocks. I had all the necessary ingredients for the Cosmopolitan but my bottle of Grey Goose was unopened and I did not want to open it so close to moving day. I shuffled through my liquor cabinet and came up with my new martini

1 oz Raspberry rum

1 oz Cointreau

1 oz Coconut rum

A splash of orange juice

A splash of cran-raspberry juice

I spent the morning hours trying to find out if someone had already invented it and it looks like it is an original Spin Doc invention. I am not sure what I am going to call it, perhaps Spin Doc because I am that narcissistic. However that really does not sound like a drink name, maybe a Spinner. I like it, “Spinner” and it is my one true original invention, and who claimed there are no more original thoughts???

9 Comments:

  • Sounds yummy.

    One time (at band camp - ha, ha, ha) my friend and I were trying to make a drink with the slim picking we had available and ended up using Mountain Dew and Amaretto. We dubbed it the "Mount and Do Me"

    Another new drink I just discovered is Captain Morgan Tattoo and Sprite. Sounds nasty, but mmmm, it's tasty and dangerous.

    By Blogger Michelle, at 1:54 PM  

  • I would try it but I'm afraid it might make me gay.

    By Blogger Smerdyakov, at 1:55 PM  

  • mmmmmm that sounds delicious, I'll have to try it and Spinner is a good name...I have never had a martini

    mount and do me.....hahahahah Naive you bad girl.

    AC needs to get in touch with his feminine side

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 3:05 PM  

  • Genius, you might want to go light on the alcohol and heavy on the juice if your a first timer.

    Naive, you should name my drink; "Mount and Do Me" is much better than Spinner

    AC- I don't think it works that way.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 3:19 PM  

  • spin.....that sounds delish...YUMMMM

    nnm,
    someone's been enjoying a bit too much american pie. ;)

    By Blogger Joy, at 6:15 PM  

  • Joy, finally someone got my joke.

    Doc, I like the name you chose for the drink. I would have come up with something cheesy like Sit and Spin. Remember those?

    By Blogger Michelle, at 10:50 PM  

  • Naive, I loved my sit and spin!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:35 AM  

  • Then after we out grew those, we'd just hold up our middle finger and flippantly say, "sit and spin".

    By Blogger Michelle, at 10:57 AM  

  • Naive, you are too funny! I have not said that while holding up my middle finger in years!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home