A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, April 17, 2006

Washington DC

I am leaving DC in less than two weeks and thought I should dedicate a post to the things I have learned and/or will miss about DC.

  1. Not all hip-hop music sucks
  2. Having a big bootie in not a bad thing
  3. Utah girls are hot in DC
  4. DC weather is fabulous
  5. There is no logic to traffic, don’t try to find it
  6. 30 is not too old to go bar hopping
  7. Diversity is fabulous
  8. The south is still racist
  9. There is no such thing as service in Maryland
  10. The ghetto is a fun place to live
  11. Independent movie theatres rock
  12. Skiing sucks in the east
  13. Smoking is not cool or socially acceptable
  14. Trailer trash comes in all colors
  15. Friends of convenience are not really your friends
  16. It is totally acceptable to have a career instead of a family
  17. It is a good thing to wait to have a family
  18. There is no speed limit on the beltway
  19. Parking is a nightmare
  20. Traffic dominates your life
  21. The metro is not convenient at 1 am.
  22. Valet parking is the only way to go
  23. People make insane amounts of money
  24. The housing market is insane
  25. DSW is the best store ever!
  26. The military is still racist
  27. Football is the best game to play
  28. Hockey is harder than it looks
  29. Taking dance classes is still fun
  30. The National Art Gallery is the best museum
  31. There are no tourist in DC during the winter
  32. 5 guys is the best place for a burger
  33. Green is better than the desert
  34. Ethiopian food is amazing
  35. I love Indian Summers
  36. A mowed patch of weeds is considered a lawn
  37. People remodel the strangest places
  38. IKEA sells the same things as target only for more money
  39. Washing your car is a neighborhood event
  40. The Mormons will find you, no matter where you go
  41. Drinking in DC is expensive
  42. Strip clubs are better in Utah than DC
  43. Washing your car is a neighborhood event
  44. Putting air in your tires is an invitation to be hit on
  45. Potholes the size of your car do exists
  46. DC is one of the best places to live if you are single
  47. I would not want to raise a family in DC
  48. Living 1800 miles away from your family is a good thing
  49. There are good Samaritans in DC
  50. Everything is expensive in DC
  51. Maryland liquor laws are weirder than Utah’s
  52. How to blog
  53. DC is full of lonely people
  54. Babysitting pays bank!
  55. National is the easiest airport to use
  56. Dave Chappelle is funny
  57. Target should be said with a fake French accent
  58. Burger King is better than McDonalds
  59. Is it possible to spend an entire work day surfing the net
  60. I can’t live without high speed internet
  61. Comedy central is the best station on TV
  62. I am not a cat person
  63. I don’t like to cook
  64. Too much news is a bad thing
  65. I am not going to get car jacked just by driving in DC
  66. Parallel parking is hard
  67. Rats bigger than cats live in DC
  68. Humidity is great for my skin
  69. Humidity is also great for my hair
  70. Snow belongs in the mountains
  71. I like warm rains
  72. It really does rain buckets
  73. Altitude sickness is real
  74. Glass blowing is really cool to watch
  75. Light pollution makes it really hard to see the stars
  76. Getting lost is very easy
  77. Roads signs are a luxury not a given
  78. Taxis are convenient
  79. Being a Redskins fan is fun
  80. Football is a great social equalizer
  81. Conservatives are not localized to Utah
  82. A 6 Telsa field is large enough to move a beam stop
  83. Madeline’s has great pastries
  84. I learned how to do bootie bumps
  85. Quantum Computers are decades away from reality
  86. A bad boss can ruin even the best job
  87. I should have moved away from home earlier in my life
  88. Everything looks better in wine glass
  89. Out of sight is out of mind to my family
  90. I will miss running along the Potomac
  91. I will miss Adams Morgan
  92. I will miss people coming to stay with me because I am in DC
  93. I will miss my neighborhood
  94. I will miss Pixie
  95. I will miss Sara
  96. I will miss the Bavarian
  97. I will miss Hugh
  98. I will miss Jean-Marc and SVM
  99. I will miss Janeane
  100. I will miss Joey

7 Comments:

  • What a sweet and poignant post. Where are you moving to spin_doc?

    By Blogger Joy, at 3:33 PM  

  • Joy, to a very small town in the middle of nowhere.

    Jean-Marc, I will be back in September for the party of the decade!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 5:15 PM  

  • aahh. you must be moving to NM or KS then haha

    what a great list. I don't think I've learned that much during my 3 years in NM.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 7:41 PM  

  • I don't think I would have been able to put it all in a list the way you have. You must print this out and keep it in a journal too.

    By Blogger Michelle, at 9:24 PM  

  • it's strange how our moves have coincided. It struck me today that the movers will be here a week from tomorrow and in 2 weeks I'll be in TX.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 10:17 PM  

  • Genius, my movers will be here in 8 days.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 8:08 AM  

  • Naive, my blog is my journal too, just a little more public than my written journal.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home