A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ladies Association

I am seriously trying to warm up to the game of golf. I signed up for lessons and had my first one last week. By the end of the lesson I was hitting the ball well. My golf pro wants me to play 3 times a week and practice everyday. I couldn’t lie to him. I told him I would play at least once and practice twice. I actually planned on practicing twice last week but things with the family got in the way. I did practice on Friday and I was hitting about 30%, which is better than the 10% I started with. Tonight I am going to play a round of golf, only 9 holes. I still can’t understand why anyone would want to play 18 holes it takes way too long!

I am going to join the local Ladies Golf Association too. Hopefully I will be able to make friends there. I have been in this forsaken place for entire month and I still have not made one single friend. I can’t sign up for anything either. I have tried to sign up for softball but no one has called me back yet. That reminds me I should send out another email to the softball team. This is just great! Where is medication when you need it?

Wow, I finally got a hold of someone from the Ladies Golf Association and I am golfing with the president tonight. I am a little worried; she sounded about 900 years old on the phone. I may be a doctor, but I am not that kind of doctor and I don’t want her dying on the golf course. I wonder if they will mind if I walk the course. If the president is as old as she sounds I can’t imagine her walking the course. At least I will meet someone!

The other bright spot in my life is the Lawyer will be here in 2 weeks to visit me, and right after she leaves I am off to see Ellen.

Oh the softball guy just called back and I am playing tomorrow night. Did I mention I have not played softball in years? This ought to be entertaining!

2 Comments:

  • I joined a softball team a few years ago. When I realized I wasn't any good at it, I decided to focus on looking really hot in my uniform ... oh, and I told lots of jokes so they'd miss me a lot if they decided to kick me off the team. I made it through the whole season, but the coach spent an ungodly amount of time trying to teach me not to throw like a girl.

    You'll be great! If you get in trouble, you can always say, "I know this chik in Iowa, she's a HORRIBLE softball player ... throws like a girl and everything!"

    By Blogger Theresa, at 11:50 PM  

  • Theresa,

    That was my approach to hockey and football and I hope it works with softball too.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home