A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

They kill you with cake

Well golf was a bust! The game started okay. I was actually golfing pretty well for me. I was golfing single and double boogie golf, which is not bad after two weeks. The ladies I was golfing with seemed at first glance okay too. The president is old, but she could golf and the historian is an excellent golfer too. Initially I was super excited about the historian, she was a professional in her 40s never been married and no children. On the surface this seemed like a woman that I could hang out with, but they kill you with cake! So watch out. On the 5th hole they hit me with both barrels; yup I got the whole conversion talk. The historian said, “I don’t what you are, but let me bare my testimony of the one true church” and she took of running with her religion talk from then on. I was so pissed! I golfed a 13 on the next hole (par 4) and my game did not improve from there.

I had forgotten that sometimes people are not sincere; they just want you to join their crazy cult. I ended up golfing a 71 that is on nine holes not 18. I hope softball is better. I love my new job but I need to find some friends.

5 Comments:

  • the "one true church"? oooh, i'm afraid to even ask. i'm sorry it was such a bust Spinner. come out here to philly, i'll be your friend!!! (seriously) :)

    By Blogger Joy, at 11:43 AM  

  • Joy,

    I promised to give this new area six months before leaving; one month down and counting.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 1:43 PM  

  • Hang in there Spin. They can't all be fruitcakes.

    By Blogger Imelda, at 9:22 AM  

  • Imelda,

    Softball was great, I will post about it soon.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:45 AM  

  • You should start a local club and name it The Relativistic Quantum Walk Algorithms for Superconducting Qubits Appreciation Society.

    Maybe posting some fliers about it in the bar you stop at will bring some members. Oh yes, and don't forget the wood shop.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home