A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, June 02, 2006

I found someone!!!

When it rains it pours! I know I was complaining about having nothing to do and not knowing anyone, well it appears that has all changed. The change was brought about by my wonderful softball skills.

Wednesday night I played softball for our company team, recall I have not played softball seriously since junior high. I was shocked and amazed to find that I was in the starting line up for the game. I asked the captains if they were sure, there had to be some mistake. I insisted that my skills were rusty at best and I did not want to let the team down. They assured me I would be fine and I was, because we are the worst softball team ever! We don’t have a pitcher or an outfield and I am one of the best hitters we have. That is right, I am one of the best hitters. I was able to get on base each time I was up to bat, which was better than anyone else on our team. I immediately made fast friends on the team. I also did not make any serious errors when I was in the outfield.

The other great thing was the beer. Granted I was not drinking it, but it was nice to know that it was available. Most of my teammates were BYOBing it and they even sold it at the concession stand (bonus). I was invited to a BBQ on Saturday, a house warming party on Friday night, a golf tournament Friday day and a Spelling Bee party last night. I accepted the Saturday invite and declined the other invites. It looks like I might have found my social circle. I will let you know how Saturday turns out.

At the very least I had a great time playing softball even though we are terrible.

4 Comments:

  • Fingers crossed that you find a great galpal AND a smart, witty, adorable, eligible bachelor!

    By Blogger Imelda, at 8:41 AM  

  • yay for you! sounds like a fun group to hang with, I'm happy for you.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 8:42 AM  

  • Woohoo! Watch out Utah, Ms. Social Butterfly's taking you by storm!

    By Blogger Joy, at 8:04 AM  

  • Ladies,

    I felt out of place on Saturday, I was one of the oldest people there. They spent the entire BBQ playing drinking games, something left for younger crowd not me.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home