A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, June 05, 2006

Underneath my shoe

OH MY GOD!!! I have a new worst nightmare except this is real life. I was out in the field checking out new control panel they want to install, pretty routine stuff. Another routine thing is the lack of a company car. Today was one of those days they needed my car for something else so I had OOM (ornery old man) give me a ride. In the car ride over he gave me 411 on snakes over in this area. The entire time I thought he was pulling my leg, boy was I wrong.

The engineer that I was supposed to meet was late so the OOM and myself start looking around. He opened a door and showed me “This is this and this is that”. I opened the next door and OOM starts screaming, now what happened next happened so fast that I am not even clear on the events (and I was there). As the OOM is screaming for a split second I think he is teasing me about snakes, but almost at the same instant I register that I am stepping on something too. I might of heard him scream snake but I really am not sure, but what I am sure of is when I looked down I was stepping on not one but two snakes. I screamed so loud, jumped in the air and took off running (all the while screaming at the top of my lungs). I was running for home. Fcuk this sheezt!! I was out to there. Two fricken snakes underneath my shoe. I can still feel them under my shoe, even now back at my desk.

The OOM caught me; he claims that I was running straight for the cliff and about to go over the edge. I wasn’t heading for the cliff; I was running for the car and I was getting the heck out of there!!

We called the local fire department and they came up and removed the snakes from the building. However the moved them down the hill a bit. I wanted them removed miles away, say like New York away not just down the hill. I came back to the office and promptly informed my boss that I am not working in that area ever again. The snakes were blow snakes and not poisonous, not that matters to me. I can still feel them underneath my shoe….

4 Comments:

  • Over here we have 7 of the world's 10 deadliest snakes. As a child my house backed onto a national forest, and there were 2 types which were always coming into our backyard. We used to get bricks and smash the bastards. I would freak if I saw my son doing that nowadays, but when I was a kid it was damn exciting!

    By Blogger Imelda, at 8:16 AM  

  • I have decided I don't like snakes!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:16 AM  

  • eek! We've been warned to watch out for snakes here too since we are out in the country side...and the neighbor said she saw a rattler in her yard the other day. I may never go outside again. Maybe that's why my dog doesn't like to go outside anymore.
    I can't imagine looking down to see I'm standing on two snakes!

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 10:17 AM  

  • Genius,

    It was the worst! I was always afraid of snakes for my dog now I am afraid of them for me too.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home