A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Eyelash Review

Finally I have more work and have not had time to blog. I hope my boss finally understands that I don’t like to have a moment’s free time at work.

Okay my summary on eyelashes extensions, I don’t have contacts so anything coming near my eye really freaks me out. I am also really sensitive around my eye area, having said that the process is pretty benign. The odor from the glue irritated my eyes until it dried but that was only for a minute or two.

When I first viewed my eyelashes I was not convinced it was a good idea. I seriously thought I looked like Tammy Faye. I was afraid that I was going to be the laughing stock of all my co-workers. They do look good, but in my mind’s eye too long to look natural. The lady who applied them convinced me not to cut them back for three days.

The first thing I noticed while driving home is how much my eyes stood out in the rearview mirror, but I was still unconvinced that the extensions were a good idea. This morning while getting ready I knocked a full 10 minutes off my getting ready time. I did not have to apply mascara or eyeliner, which is a serious bonus because I am always running late in the morning.

Work was the real test; no one noticed my new eyelashes. Even the kid did not notice and I am pretty sure he is hopelessly in love with me. I guess they only look Tammy Faye to me. I am going to see some of my female friends this weekend before I really decide if they need to be cut back. I know my women will tell me what they really think. I am convinced they are a must for people with minimal eyelashes, however I naturally have thick curly eyelashes. I just wanted them thicker and longer and they are that now.

6 Comments:

  • Glad to hear they are working out so far! I'm like you. I don't have contacts and once an eyedoctor tried to put eyedrops in my eyes. He regretted that.

    I think a couple of my co-workers have them, but they are tastefully done. The only thing that makes me think they are fake is that they are soooo long. But not sooooo long that you can say "aha! fake!" right off. I think they look nice on those people.

    I adore honest girlfriends. Everyone needs them.

    By Blogger ZooooM, at 10:51 AM  

  • I am getting used to them and they are starting not to look fake to me, well at least on the one eye the left eye still looks fake.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 2:18 PM  

  • Oh my god this is soooo what I need! I'll need to hear about the whole bit and see it for myself when you come and visit!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:05 PM  

  • i'd love to see how they look. post a closeup pic of an eye?

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 9:00 AM  

  • Hi, I would like to ask a couple of questions. Where did you have this done? Was it expensive? And do you still have them, and like them? Thanks!

    By Blogger Trish, at 11:28 AM  

  • Trish,

    I had it done by a local woman who does permanent makeup. It was $100 initially and $35 dollars every three weeks afterwards. I still have them and I like them too. It is great not to have to put makeup on and they really bring out my eyes.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home