A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, August 07, 2006

The Understanding of Dreams

Last night I had a really weird dream and I wonder what it means….

I had just heard a rumor that the world was coming to an end at 6 am the following morning. I was staying in some type of dorm room on a government lab (in the Midwest) and I was there with all sorts of junior scientists. I was there with Ellen who had a permanent room at the lab; I was just a temporary guest. The general public was not aware of the rumor but all the people in the dorm believed that the world was going to end the following day. Initially Ellen believed the rumor too. I kept asking people, “How is the world going to end?” No one knew the answer but they were convinced it was true. I said to Ellen, “This is ridiculous, we are scientists and there has to be a reason. If there is a meteor, we should be able to see it.” I continued on with this argument. Ellen seemed convinced by my reasoning but I wasn’t sure since she avoids arguing with me by pretending to agree with me. I went to sleep that evening convinced that the world was not going to end the following morning.

I awoke at 5:45 am to sheer chaos in the dorms; people were hysterical thinking the world was going to end. I had to work that day and headed off to the shower, Ellen had a private shower so I went to her room to shower. While taking my shower Ellen awoke (she slept the night too knowing the world was not going to end). Ellen came in the bathroom to talk to me while I showered. Now this is truly amazing because the only time Ellen sees 5:55 am is from staying up all night long! The instant the clock struck 6 am, Ellen, I and part of the bathroom was on a bus somewhere in the desert! The bus stopped and the driver announced “End of the line, everyone off the bus.” And everyone got off the bus including Ellen and I. On the street we noticed complete chaos and destruction, like the world had just come to an end.

I awoke at this point in the dream. I have no idea what it means any ideas???

2 Comments:

  • It means you shouldn't have had that extra glass of wine before bedtime last night?

    just teasing. What a scary dream!

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 1:49 PM  

  • Genius,

    No such luck, no wine (or alcohol) before bed last night. Also I thought the dream was weird, but I was not afraid during the dream. I kept trying to figure out what was going on.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home