A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, August 25, 2006

My First Race

I have finally located a running partner that has not flaked out on me (yet) and is okay with my pace. My pace is slow, but it is distance that is the true marker of how many calories I burn. There is a down side to my new running partner; she likes to run in public runs/races. Thus tomorrow I am running in my first public race ever. It has always been on my list of things I want to do before I die so I am not going under extreme protest, but I am going under protest. I am protesting it because it is a 6 am (yup folks that is in the morning) and I am not that fast of a runner. I am more like a fast walker that looks like an attempt at a run from a distance. Upon closer inspection though you will see that I am not much faster than a brisk walk. Granted my running partner maintains the same snail pace as myself.

I truly hope I don’t embarrass myself tomorrow, by finishing last, well sport’s fans wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home