A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bothered

We live in different states. I had business in your city. I schedule a few extra days on my own dime at the end of the trip just to spend time with you. I called you couldn’t be troubled to pick me up; it was too far to travel with an unreliable car. I offered to take a taxi; no you really didn’t have time to see me. The next time I was in your city I extended another offer to visit, this time you could come to me, but I would still cover your expenses. Once again you couldn’t be troubled to see me. When you were in my city only our grandmother put us together. She died, and I have not seen you since. I have heard through the grapevine that you have been in my city and not called, not even bothered to see one another. I sent gifts, cards and called you and received nothing from you, you just couldn’t be bothered to make a connection with me. I visited your city a final time once again extending an invitation only to be refused before I finally understood that you did not want contact with me. I am a slow learner.

Now you call and ask for ten thousand dollars, with no plan or ability to pay it back and think I owe it to you because we are sisters. And I just can’t find the energy to be bothered.

6 Comments:

  • I wouldn't be bothered either. Funny how family tends to put these conflicted feeling which seems to twist all to painfully in us huh?

    By Blogger Joy, at 7:55 PM  

  • That sucks. I'm so sorry to hear that your sister doesn't understand what sisters are about.

    By Blogger Faith, at 8:33 AM  

  • Faith,

    The good news is I have 2 other sisters that are better at keeping in touch.

    Joy,

    I still can't imagine what she was thinking when she called me.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:52 AM  

  • Wow!

    What goes around, comes around, eh?
    I don't blame you!

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 10:38 AM  

  • That's awful. I'm so sorry. Nice reminder how lucky I am having a sister who flat-out rules.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 3:25 PM  

  • Chesney Girl,
    I don't wish this bad time on her and her family, even if she has been nothing but mean and nasty to me.

    Izzybella,
    I am happy for you. My younger sisters and I have a hard time staying close now that we are older.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home