A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, March 16, 2007

Random Thoughts




Well sports fans I am in first place after 16 teams played yesterday. I know absolutely nothing about college basketball and I never watch a regular season game but I love March madness! I actually love competing in anything; it brings out the best and worst in me. I love to win and I hate to lose and I hate doing anything I am terrible at. Fortunately I am athletic and the only thing I completely fail at is golf. Speaking of golf I forgot to mention the crazy Ladies Association at the golf club made me vice-president this year. I tried to remind them I am not a good golfer, in fact golf is evil. I have not missed it at all this winter. I am going to the driving range this evening to attempt to get a little better at the horrible game of golf. The only good news concerning golf is I am going to look first-rate on the golf course this year; I bought Callaway’s Big Bertha clubs with a matching purple golf bag.


I am also bound and determined to lose weight this year. This is a picture taken 2 weeks ago and I want to lose around 20 pounds (15 pounds according to my home scale and 20 according to the gym’s scale). I am going to start with an hour a day at the gym, right now I am getting 90 minutes a week. To be honest I have had this goal for a while and I am not making any progress. I have been thinking about going to weight watchers but all my friends think that they will turn me in for having some type of body image disorder. The thing is I could lose 20 pounds and I would not look too skinny, it is one of the benefits of being so tall. I can gain 10 lbs and the only person who can tell is me, I have so many places to hide it in 5’9” that I still look fine. BUT I would look so much better to myself if I lost the weight. I am also bound and determined to lose weight this year.

6 Comments:

  • You look pretty darn good if you ask me. But maybe I kinda know where you're coming from. I'm 5'10" and everyone has always told me I'm too skinny but the times I've gained more than I'm used to weighing I don't feel as good, mentally or physically.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 2:52 PM  

  • Genius,

    Thanks and the three pieces of cake I have eaten today will counter balance the time spent in the gym yesterday too.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 5:57 PM  

  • spin_doc, for what it's worth (yeah, not much, but I hear it's the thought that counts) I think you look great.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 4:01 PM  

  • Izzybella,

    Thanks, it is the beauty of being tall and having a long midsection. I did run 4 miles yesterday, and I am have a run date tonight.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 6:32 PM  

  • This whole post sounded SO much like me, it's scary.

    I LOVE March Madness too, I know nothing about college bball but I get into a bracket pool every year.
    This year I'm doing the best I've ever done...I'm in 3rd place out about 10 people! WOOT!

    Like the others, I think you look great! I have the opposite problem, I am quite short and EVERY pound shows as I gain it. It's just SO not fair!!! ;)

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 12:20 PM  

  • Chesney Girl,

    I knew there was a reason I liked you so much!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home