A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Losing Weight!

I am losing weight, and it has nothing to do with exercising or consciously dieting. I am still exercising, but not up to everyday yet or even an hour at a time. It has to do with my new friend. I have already mentioned her a few times, but it is time to give her a name. I am going to call her Elle, for reason that I don’t want to disclose here. Elle is a scientist too but not a physicist. She is size 2 and bless her heart she thinks we are the same size (she is obviously in need of corrective eye surgery). However a size 2 body is very difficult to maintain past the age of 21 (and we are all that). So Elle exercises and eats like a little bird. I have been spending so much time with her that I have adopted some of her habits, mainly we don’t eat nearly as much as I do when I am alone, and the results are great.

For whatever reason I am hungry all the time, I am hungry now, an hour after breakfast. I will have a mid-morning snack and still be hungry, and then I will have lunch and be starving an hour after that. I have tried almost everything to curb my hunger, protein rich diets, multivitamins, drinking more water. I know it is physiological. I am not really hungry all the time; I am not depriving myself of vital nutrients and calories. In fact the reason I exercise so much because I am getting way too many calories than I should in a day. Now that I am spending time with Elle, it is easier to eat less and the results are great. Though I know that my eating is the reason I don’t lose the weight. I have no real control over what I eat; it is good to be a part of a friendship where the control is no longer in my hands. What I really need is a life partner that doesn’t eat too much and eats the right things. I think that is going to go on the list, right below, loves to read.

5 Comments:

  • Spinner,
    Can I borrow your friend for say, about six months? :D

    By Blogger Joy, at 5:14 PM  

  • Joy,

    I still need her every day of the week and not just a couple times a week. After I lose the 20 lbs I will send her your way.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:33 AM  

  • hey "queen of the geeks",
    i like your blog. you should add a subscribable button, so you can see who your readers are, and it's easier for them to follow it. check it out: the dc blog project. if you would like, i'll set up an account for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 AM  

  • Hey, spin, when Joy's done, I need her next. Thanks much.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 11:38 AM  

  • At this rate I don't think I will ever be able to give her up.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home