A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Am I too simple?

The baby is so cute (pictures soon to follow) when she is asleep. Otherwise the baby is a little terror. Terror, with a capital T, she keeps me jumping with the house training, picking up my shoes, moving the electrical cords out of reach, destroying her bed, and running to Petsmart for even more chew toys. Oh and at 5 am this morning she threw up on my bed.

I named her Meadow, and as I mentioned cute as cute when she is asleep. She is also a cuddle bug. I expect the house part of my current nightmare will be fixed in another week. I don’t know what part of my mind blocks out the puppy stage and how exhausting it is, but I sure could use a couple of nights of uninterrupted sleep; which brings me to the thought that has been occupying my mind in the quiet moments today, my five favorite things on the planet. Here they are in descending order;

Sleeping
Eating
Reading
Being in love
And Sex

Now I mentioned my list to Elle this morning and she was fascinated and by lunch time had asked everyone about their lists. My IB list was:

Creative Thinking
Hunting/pursuing women
Pushing the edge between safety and adrenaline
Pursuing beautiful sunsets

Everyone’s list was like this (intellectual), comparatively my list is primal. I am mildly embarrassed about my list, mainly because it is accurate. My desires are so simple does this mean I am simple? And I don’t know if that is a bad thing, and I am concerned that it is a bad thing.

10 Comments:

  • You are just honest, the others are not.

    By Blogger Ellen, at 8:31 PM  

  • there is nothing wrong with being simple...but sometimes it might not be as simple as you think.

    by the way, I think I would have all the same things as you on my favorites list. :)

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 9:26 PM  

  • Ellen,

    I was afraid that I am boring, which is the worst thing ever!

    Chesney Girl,

    It might be a simple as getting pleasure out the daily things that make up being alive, which makes me a very lucky woman.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:40 AM  

  • When I was in my intro to psychology class, there was this one day I actually paid attention and they covered Maslow's heirarchy (or something like that possibly with better spelling). Anyway, the gist is that the people who know what their basic needs are and meet them are the most adjusted types. So you aren't boring, you're actually very self-aware and smart. So says I, the proud owner of a B- in intro to psychology. With that B-, I must totally know what I'm talking about!

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 11:04 AM  

  • > Ellen,
    >
    > I was afraid that I am boring, which is > the worst thing ever!

    Pretentious people are boring. I always liked that your are direct.

    By Blogger Ellen, at 6:44 PM  

  • Was it a competition?
    Who won?

    I vote for you.

    By Blogger Theresa, at 1:34 AM  

  • I almost forgot, I want baby pictures NOW, NOW, NOW!!!

    By Blogger Theresa, at 1:35 AM  

  • Izzy Bella,

    You so know what you are talking about!

    Theresa,

    I don't have a digital camera, so these things take time. It is on the list.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:30 AM  

  • Spin,

    I have a very similar breed, adn we about liked to strangle him the first year or so of his life, he was such a pain. But I dont need to tell you it's worth it. I feel for you though!

    As Ches said, there's nothing wrong with being simple. And even if your list is simple, you are not. :)

    By Blogger clew, at 1:11 PM  

  • Clew,

    I don't mind being simple, I think it is more honest to who I am.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home