A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, March 23, 2007

Imaginary Boyfriend

I have imaginary boyfriends (IB) at work. It is entertaining for me and my male co-workers. My ex-boyfriend is a beautiful man with obnoxiously long eyelashes and the best set of eyes I have seen in a long time. In fact he is almost every woman’s imaginary boyfriend around her, he is that good looking. He is also smart and creative. My BAW and the Kid teased me all the time about my “ex-boyfriend” claiming he was too young for me. That I was robbing the cradle, even hints of pedophilia; let me be clear my ex-IB is the same age as I am. They just like to tease me about being old. However I found out my IM had a family and he instantly became ex-IB. I can’t even have an imaginary boyfriend with children. It is just one of my things, no kids. Not in real life and not even in imaginary life. I like children, that is the reason I don’t think it is appropriate to date someone with children. I don’t like the idea a disturbing or complicating a child’s life by dating their fathers. I know that families don’t always stay together but I can’t be the evil (or even not so evil) woman that replaces their mother.

I am constantly on the lookout for a new IB. I have one right now but I am not super excited about him. I think I should be really excited about my IB, considering he is imaginary. My current IB is dating a woman that I really don’t like and it makes him a whole lot less attractive in my mind. You might remember her from My Territory post. Though now that I think about it, turn about is fair play. My new group of friends includes my IB and doesn’t include his girlfriend (she is universally disliked). Oh no! I just realized she is going to be meaner to me than she was before. Looks like I currently without an IB…. sigh…. Feel for me friends.

4 Comments:

  • My dear Spinner-
    I think it's high time I set you up with someone REAL. ;)

    By Blogger Joy, at 6:13 PM  

  • Joy,

    I like the IB; they are not as stressful or as frustrating as the real thing.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:13 AM  

  • IB's rule. I like to always have an IB on hand. You still get that happy in-like feeling, but none of the mess.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 11:41 AM  

  • Izzy bella,

    I don't get the happy in-like feeling but I am entertained.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home