A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, March 26, 2007

A baby is on the way!

I have so much to talk about I don’t know where to start. I visited my grandmother yesterday and during our discussion she said, “I used to say to myself that one day you would grow up and find out that grandma is not wrong all the time, I am still waiting for you to grow up.” I laughed so hard that tears streamed out of my eyes. I even had to write it down. It was so funny and so true. I had just said to her, “Grandma, I know everything” in response to her questioning my choices.

Now for my big news, I am getting a baby!! Brittany called me this morning and said a 7 week old baby was abandoned at her work today and did I want it. I have been thinking about getting another baby, but I have been reluctant to commit for many reasons. The main one was I did not want to risk my heart again, when I lost my Frodo so suddenly in 2003 it hurt so much I did not want to love anything again. And then slowly I started losing my Willow, it hurts too; she is still around but not mine anymore. I also don’t believe in buying babies, I think it encourages irresponsible breading. I wanted a lab baby ~ 7 to 8 weeks old; even though I said I was ready for a baby almost a year ago given my limitations I haven’t made the plunge until today. I pick up my new baby tomorrow; she is getting fixed so I can’t get her earlier.

I am told that she is a 7 week old Weimaraner Labrador mix. I am concerned about the Weimaraner part; they are known from the behavior disorders, but I am hoping the Labrador wins out in the personality war. I already called the puppy sitters and they are just excited as I am to get this new bundle of fur. I will take many pictures and show her to you as soon as she arrives. I wonder what I will call her, any suggestions?

9 Comments:

  • YAY! Congratulations! Your excitement shines through your post. I can't wait to see the baby pictures.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 9:09 AM  

  • Yay! New baby! I definitely want to see pictures as soon as you have some!

    By Blogger Faith, at 9:55 AM  

  • That's so great! We also have a rescue dog, an adorable Pit Bull/Terrier mix. I know what you mean about part of the breed being troublesome, as soon as people hear the word "pit bull" they freak out, but she is just so bubbly and sweet. I'm sure, being as young as the puppy is, you can work you're parenting magic. Congrats!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:05 AM  

  • Aw, that's awesome! I have two yellow labs and they do have the best personalities. Can't wait to see pictures.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 11:16 AM  

  • Congratulations! I couldn't be happier for you.

    I have a 10-year old Yellow Lab/Coonhound mix named Starbuck. He's my heart.

    By Blogger Theresa, at 8:11 AM  

  • Oh my! Puppies are a lot of work. I am exhausted, I am ready for the puppy stage to be over.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:17 AM  

  • Oh how FUN!!!
    I love Labs...don't have one but have many friends and family that do.
    I wanna see pictures! :)

    Name her.... Dancer. HA!

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 3:11 PM  

  • It took me a while to realise you weren't talking about an actual baby as I would understand it. When you said you wanted a lab baby had images of test-tube IVF. Dogs are better.

    By Blogger The Dog of Freetown, at 5:13 AM  

  • OH YAY!

    I've been out of circulation for a while, and check back in to find this glorious news! Congrats on the new baby!

    Some friends of mine have a weimeraner and she's an angel - if that's of any consolation. The mix aspect should help too. If you can only survive the first year ;)

    Hope you've been well, Spin Doc.

    By Blogger clew, at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home