A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Really Bad Timing

I have been crazy busy at work. I have also been crazy busy at home too and as a result I have become the kind of boss that I never wanted to be. I have been in this position for just a year now and perhaps the stress is starting to get to me. Last week my group had to move office locations for a remodeling project, I was super busy already working 40 hours in three days when the move arrived. After a series of meetings I returned to my office and noticed my new office was filled with chairs, chairs on the desk, chairs on the floor, and chairs upon chairs. Now to be fair I had been covering a major corporate emergency last week and was operating on caffeine and adrenaline all week and it was Friday. I ignored the chairs, but I really didn’t have time to deal with them. I continued to work at my old desk and in the back of my mind rearranged my weekend plans to come in and clear the chairs out of my new office. I should have stuck with that plan. After a few hours of ignoring the chairs one of the guys approached me and said “Do you need a chair?” I replied “No, do you need more work?” The next time I walked past my new office all the chairs were gone.

I felt (feel) bad! This was the first practical joke they played on me and I am pretty sure it will be the last. I never wanted to be the type of boss that you could not laugh and joke with but it was really bad timing on their part.

5 Comments:

  • Ouch!!

    I hope things are slowing down for you now.

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 10:49 AM  

  • what chesneygirl said.....ouch! and i'm sure that raising a puppy can add to that stress as well. hope the rest of your week gets better.

    By Blogger Joy, at 9:59 PM  

  • They are still full steam ahead.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 1:10 PM  

  • I didn't realize it was a joke at first, I thought they were in your office because of the remodeling. Call me a meanie but I thought your come back to "do you need a chair" was pretty funny.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 1:53 PM  

  • Genius,

    Thanks for the support, I can always count on you.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home